Sunday, December 7, 2014

Stocking Stuffer - "Know Your Rights" Visor Pouch

A friend and I are trying to interest our local police in endorsing visor pouches that summarize citizen rights during traffic stops and provide a place where the driver's license and insurance card can be kept safely. Our hope is that endorsement of the pouches will give a clear message to all police officers in our community that we are informed of our rights and leaders in our community wants us to be informed of those rights.

In the meantime, with Christmas just around the corner, I've started making some visor pouches on my own. I plan to slip them in the Christmas stockings of my loved ones. Below are some photos of my process. I've been using the ACLU handout for my content:

Step 1: My supplies were the ACLU handout, self-laminating sheets, the elastic from an old nametag, cut into two pieces, and a hodge-podge of old beads.

Step 2: I used the edges of the self-laminating sheet to form a pouch where the driver's license and insurance card could be kept.

Step 3: I threaded the metal end of the elastic through a small hole in the pouch and then I added some beads before tying the other end of the elastic close to the beads to make a loop big enough to fit around a vehicle visor.

I think my finished product is quite handsome and versatile, but maybe you have a better design. Send me your pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment